Picnics are supposed to be cozy affairs replete with comfort food that you can gorge on while enjoying the company of your loved ones. To plan the perfect menu for a Sunday picnic we have compiled a list of five picnic-perfect sandwiches that you can consider making for your next picnic.
Continue reading Amazing Picnic Staples To Enjoy
Eating well and leading a balanced lifestyle is essential in today’s time. With a hurried life that we all are living, it is abysmal to learn that young kids have health issues, leave alone the adults.
There are many ways where one can pursue healthy lifestyle by eating right and incorporating great exercises and yoga practices to maintain the sanity in place. One can eat salads and add green veggies to meals. Yes, the boring salads but with so many yummy sauces and dressings; you can turn up the taste of the banal dish into like no other.
We list down some salad recipes that one can easily make and eat at their heart’s content. They are not only delicious but also high on nutrient power. Take a look at these recipes now-
- The quintessential Greek salad: One of the favourite salads; the Greek salad tastes amazing when tossed with the tangy and sweet vinaigrette salad dressing over the top. Mix cucumbers, olives, sliced red onions and fresh goat cheese, tomatoes together in a bowl and toss it with some pepper and olive oil. Sprinkle some salt on top! Have it with chilled iced tea on the side. This salad is going to tantalize your taste buds for sure!
- The saucy beany salad: When does a salad tastes the best? Flavourful dressings like olive oil mayonnaise recipe. Completely appetising, infuse this condiment on beans, boiled corn, avocado, tomatoes, green leafy veggies and a whole lot of crispy tortilla chips. A Tex-Mex style salad, this dish is colourful and zesty that is quite fulfilling and satisfies your tummy as well. Have crispy onion rings on the side and enjoy this salad recipe to the fullest!
Make an effort and spruce up your salads into new delectable ones!
The most delicious dishes can be made with much ease, if only you know the proper trick. One of the best options is to prepare a bowl of healthy salad. It is not only healthy, but also easy to make. So prepare a bowl of juicy salad loaded with vitamins and protein on your own. It also saves a lot of time and efforts, acting as a great option for breakfast. You can always pair it up with sandwich or garlic breads to enjoy a tummy filling breakfast. Here are 3 breakfast recipes you can make with much ease.
- Sweet onion dressing salad: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add this to 8 to 10 cups of salad greens that you want in a large bowl. Add lots of sweet onion dressing in this to moisten and mix it well. And your salad is ready to munch!
- Subway Sandwich: Take a bread of your choice, slice it in half lengthwise, and place cooked or boiled slices of meat on one side of the bread and add cheese slices on top. Take pieces of sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, few slices of cucumber, 1 small green bell pepper sliced and place them on top of the cheese slices. Finish your sandwich with a heap subway sauces layer. You can easily find subway sauces in India on Veeba’s website. Join the two halves of the bread together and enjoy eating!
- Healthy veg pasta: Simply boil raw pasta in hot water, and drain out the water. Pick your favorite veggies, finely chop them, and fry them in oil light oil. Add flavors to it as per your choice along with sauces and add them to the boiled pasta. To enrich the taste, add pasta sauce and enjoy your meal!
Many people think that cooking is a time consuming and difficult task, but the truth is that it isn’t. You need to learn and apply few tricks and your job will be done! Some of the easiest food items that you can prepare are the healthy ones. They are good to eat anytime you want and involve less time in preparation. Prepare pasta, a juicy sandwich or a bowl of salad loaded with vitamins in no time! Here are the steps to follow:
- Honey mustard salad dressing: healthy food does not necessarily have to be boring or bland. Make your healthy salad full of flavors by adding proper dressing to it. First of all take a small bowl, and whisk together in it 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add this to 8 to 10 cups of salad greens in a large bowl. Pour enough honey mustard dressing on the prepared salad to moisten and mix well!
- Veg pizza with red sauce: get pizza base from the market and spread pizza sauce on it. Add finely chopped vegetables to it along with crushed cheese on the top. Bake it in oven until the cheese melts and merges with the veggies. Making your own pizza at home is an easy task as you can get pizza sauce in India on Veeba’s website.
3. Veg alfa sprouts andwich: combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 4 tbsp finely chopped basil, 4 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, and 4 tbsp alfa-alfa sprouts together. Add salt and pepper to it according to taste and mix well. Divide this stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside. Now place 2 bread slices on a plate and apply little butter-mustard paste. Put 1 lettuce on 1 bread slice, add 1 portion of the prepared stuffing and cover with another bread slice with the buttered-mustard side facing downwards. Do this with other bread slices too to prepare 4 sandwiches!
Hundreds of thousands of us are suffering from acute back pains, body aches and have twisted lifestyle, courtesy- office! Falling prey to such problems at young ages, sounds familiar? Why not take measures to improve on this and capitalizing on time while we are in office and lead a healthier life?
First step you could possibly take is the sort of diet you intake. Come up with new concoctions and try new recipes-
- Salads: Salads are one of the healthiest dishes to relish on. From their crunchiness to saucy flavours, salads will always be healthy. While you prepare your normal salad with lettuce, fresh bright veggies, add on some crunchy nuts like walnuts, almonds and copious amount of sweet onion sauce recipes of which can be found easily online. Organic stuff always tastes good. Salads are fulfilling, brining all things yummy to your tummy. So try different ways, mix match ingredients, pour in some tasteful condiments and produce your fresh salad.
- Sandwiches: While growing up, we have all enjoyed gorging on sandwiches purely how they were ready to be eaten, in like no time. Cooked with ease, universally liked by all, sandwiches are healthy when you add on fresh veggies. The conventional way to make a sandwich is by spreading melted butter, some soulful chutney over the bread. This time try putting on a condiment like original thousand island dressing recipe over the bread loaf, get grainy bread like a multi honey oat or honey oat, toast it in cheese or butter, fill in some veggies like lettuce, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos. Add on some mint mayo so that it doesn’t taste bland. Voila, your healthy sandwich is ready. The choice of bread you eat will make a difference, so wisely pick it up.
Enjoy these delectable easy recipes and munch on in office!
There are multiple benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating right and following a regular fitness regime and adequate sleep. A healthy diet does not mean you should starve yourself; on the contrary this would work to your disadvantage in the long run. Eating healthy food increases productivity of your body, it makes you lively and active, it regulates your weight and strengthens your immunity. Healthy eating does not have to be boring and bland, here are a few quick recipes to help you make your diet healthy and yet delicious.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Marinate some boneless chicken breast in salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder. Grill the chicken and let it cool. Take 2 slices of toasted bread and spread some thousand island dressing on it. Cut up some salad leaves (lettuce, rocket etc.), some avocado and some tomatoes and onions. Place all of this on the bread and you have a wholesome, tasty meal. You can have this with a side of fresh fruits.
The original Thousand Island dressing recipe is available online.
Healthy Chicken Wraps – Use a brown rice tortilla or whole-wheat flat bread, apply some southwest sauce on it, add some crunchy green leaves, tomatoes and onions and top it off with some grilled chicken breast. This is filling and delicious. Veeba is one of the leading brands that sell subway southwest sauces in India making it easier and less time consuming to whip together a quick meal.
Fish Tacos – Choose whole-wheat taco shells for this recipe. Cut up some crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, onion and some salsa sauce. Use white fish like cod or catfish and cook it in a non-stick pan. Put this together and this makes another healthy and easy dish.
There are many other options for healthy food – salads and soups that you can spice up with low fat dressings. Start your healthy lifestyle today.
I have always had a complaint with my children. They are just too moody and selective with what they eat. Of course, that is my concern too, purely because they are growing up! No matter how hard I try, what new concoctions I come up with, I fail to the power n! They just seem to be throwing food rants at me every now and then, to my chagrin. Too distressing for every mother, it is actually become a big task to cook the things our kids will like!
However, I have been scouring the internet lately to know what my children would like to eat. What can I do to make their meals interesting and tasteful? I have actually come across some nice recipes wherein the nutrition level is on point and the dishes are exciting; at least the internet pictures make it look so! Upon researching, I found out that salads of various types are doing the rounds! So here is my recipe that I loved making. Simple and easy ingredients, try them out!
- Saucy chicken salads- Children love saucy and zesty stuff and nothing too bland. So even if your veggies are bland, pour in some nice sauces like vinaigrette dressing that makes it delectable as ever!
Take and sauté chunks of chicken, bacon and sausages altogether in a frying pan until they are crispy brown. Chop lots of fresh veggies like lettuce, tomatoes, onions and bell peppers and mix it all together.
Pour in some nice mint mayonnaise and sweet onion dressing on salad. Throw in some peanuts and walnuts. That will just give an amazing flavour to the salad.
Sprinkle some herbs and seasonings. Voila! Your salad is ready! Delicious, saucy and lip-smacking, it will emanate all things good in your stomach!
Serve and gorge on this crunchy salad with your children and make the most of the quality time spent!