The most delicious dishes can be made with much ease, if only you know the proper trick. One of the best options is to prepare a bowl of healthy salad. It is not only healthy, but also easy to make. So prepare a bowl of juicy salad loaded with vitamins and protein on your own. It also saves a lot of time and efforts, acting as a great option for breakfast. You can always pair it up with sandwich or garlic breads to enjoy a tummy filling breakfast. Here are 3 breakfast recipes you can make with much ease.
- Sweet onion dressing salad: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add this to 8 to 10 cups of salad greens that you want in a large bowl. Add lots of sweet onion dressing in this to moisten and mix it well. And your salad is ready to munch!
- Subway Sandwich: Take a bread of your choice, slice it in half lengthwise, and place cooked or boiled slices of meat on one side of the bread and add cheese slices on top. Take pieces of sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, few slices of cucumber, 1 small green bell pepper sliced and place them on top of the cheese slices. Finish your sandwich with a heap subway sauces layer. You can easily find subway sauces in India on Veeba’s website. Join the two halves of the bread together and enjoy eating!
- Healthy veg pasta: Simply boil raw pasta in hot water, and drain out the water. Pick your favorite veggies, finely chop them, and fry them in oil light oil. Add flavors to it as per your choice along with sauces and add them to the boiled pasta. To enrich the taste, add pasta sauce and enjoy your meal!
There are multiple benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating right and following a regular fitness regime and adequate sleep. A healthy diet does not mean you should starve yourself; on the contrary this would work to your disadvantage in the long run. Eating healthy food increases productivity of your body, it makes you lively and active, it regulates your weight and strengthens your immunity. Healthy eating does not have to be boring and bland, here are a few quick recipes to help you make your diet healthy and yet delicious.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Marinate some boneless chicken breast in salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder. Grill the chicken and let it cool. Take 2 slices of toasted bread and spread some thousand island dressing on it. Cut up some salad leaves (lettuce, rocket etc.), some avocado and some tomatoes and onions. Place all of this on the bread and you have a wholesome, tasty meal. You can have this with a side of fresh fruits.
The original Thousand Island dressing recipe is available online.
Healthy Chicken Wraps – Use a brown rice tortilla or whole-wheat flat bread, apply some southwest sauce on it, add some crunchy green leaves, tomatoes and onions and top it off with some grilled chicken breast. This is filling and delicious. Veeba is one of the leading brands that sell subway southwest sauces in India making it easier and less time consuming to whip together a quick meal.
Fish Tacos – Choose whole-wheat taco shells for this recipe. Cut up some crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, onion and some salsa sauce. Use white fish like cod or catfish and cook it in a non-stick pan. Put this together and this makes another healthy and easy dish.
There are many other options for healthy food – salads and soups that you can spice up with low fat dressings. Start your healthy lifestyle today.
Diets have become quite ridiculous these days; fad diets have become popular and diversified majorly, but you must know that these diets are nothing but gimmicks. The fault is essentially ours of course, we are so used to taking the short route to success, that we forget that the success we achieve through these means is often short lived.
Fad diets promote all the wrong things; they either encourage you to eat less, or to cut down one genre of nutrition while stocking up on the other. The consequences may please you in the short run, for cutting out carb, sugar/salt or going on juice fasts may flatten the tummy and give you an illusion of success with the water weight you have lost, but once you go back to your lifestyle, you are probably going to gain more weight than you set out to lose in the first place.
Since as early as pre- school, we have been taught time and again the essence of a balanced meal; one which contains carbs, protein, vitamins, fibers and oil in the correct proportion.
Life has become so hectic; it’s quite a task to arrange for a four- course meal like the kind you mother ensured after you came back home from school. Thus, quick fixes are the answer; packed with nutrition and devoid of unnecessary components.
Your meal should always have a generous portion of side salad, for those veggies are the key to shedding those extra pounds! Liven up those leafy greens with veggies of your choice, lean meats and low fat dressings like vinaigrette dressing for example.
You should eat at regular intervals and observe when you feel hungry as opposed to those false hunger pangs. Incorporate fruits as snacks into your diet.
Your main meal should have carbohydrates as well; pack a sandwich for lunch with turkey ham, fresh chicken breast or grilled cottage cheese with just a smear of honey mustard dressing or other low fat sauces.
Do not ignore the importance of regular exercise if you want to keep the effects of your weight loss long lasting.
As a mother, nothing is quite as disheartnening as opening an unfinished lunchbox after the little one comes back from school. We try and we try harder, but they still don’t seem to take the slightest bit of interest in their lunch! Let’s combat this universal problem with some lovely and handy lunch ideas:
- Mini burgers: For a child, anything that they can gobble up in seconds before running out to play is something that they are ready to work with. Pack your child a nutritious yet delicious meal that he/she can easily consume. While burgers can be a handful, with things slipping out of their little hands, a cocktail burger is just the right size! A chicken patty, mini buns and some chicken/paneer is all you need! Smear some creamy sauces for that finishing touch like mayonnaise! India has some low fat healthy mayonnaise variants due to stellar brands like Veeba Sauces.
- Pasta frittata: Little ones can’t get enough of pasta, and a way to use the leftover pasta is to batter it up with eggs and cook it up in a non- stick pan! You will get a protein rich treat that your child will clean off the box! Just make sure you use a nice tangy pasta or pizza sauce In India, you get delicious cheese cubes that you can grate over your frittata for that extra touch
- Sausage Frankie: Ketchup, cocktail sausage, cheese slice and a chapatti is all you need for this super yummy and healthy lunch! This quick- fix dish is sure to win you some points with the little ones.
Now that you know some seriously awesome luncheon recipes, you can expect that tiffin box to be licked clean every day!