Many people think that cooking is a time consuming and difficult task, but the truth is that it isn’t. You need to learn and apply few tricks and your job will be done! Some of the easiest food items that you can prepare are the healthy ones. They are good to eat anytime you want and involve less time in preparation. Prepare pasta, a juicy sandwich or a bowl of salad loaded with vitamins in no time! Here are the steps to follow:
- Honey mustard salad dressing: healthy food does not necessarily have to be boring or bland. Make your healthy salad full of flavors by adding proper dressing to it. First of all take a small bowl, and whisk together in it 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add this to 8 to 10 cups of salad greens in a large bowl. Pour enough honey mustard dressing on the prepared salad to moisten and mix well!
- Veg pizza with red sauce: get pizza base from the market and spread pizza sauce on it. Add finely chopped vegetables to it along with crushed cheese on the top. Bake it in oven until the cheese melts and merges with the veggies. Making your own pizza at home is an easy task as you can get pizza sauce in India on Veeba’s website.
3. Veg alfa sprouts andwich: combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 4 tbsp finely chopped basil, 4 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, and 4 tbsp alfa-alfa sprouts together. Add salt and pepper to it according to taste and mix well. Divide this stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside. Now place 2 bread slices on a plate and apply little butter-mustard paste. Put 1 lettuce on 1 bread slice, add 1 portion of the prepared stuffing and cover with another bread slice with the buttered-mustard side facing downwards. Do this with other bread slices too to prepare 4 sandwiches!
There are multiple benefits of leading a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating right and following a regular fitness regime and adequate sleep. A healthy diet does not mean you should starve yourself; on the contrary this would work to your disadvantage in the long run. Eating healthy food increases productivity of your body, it makes you lively and active, it regulates your weight and strengthens your immunity. Healthy heating does not have to be boring and bland, here are a few quick recipes to help you make your diet healthy and yet delicious.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Marinate some boneless chicken breast in salt, pepper, garlic and chili powder. Grill the chicken and let it cool. Take 2 slices of toasted bread and spread some barbecue sauce on it. Cut up some salad leaves (lettuce, rocket etc.), some avocado and some tomatoes and onions. Place all of this on the bread and you have a wholesome, tasty meal. You can have this with a side of fresh fruits.
There are some great brands like Veeba that sell delicious barbecue sauces in India.
Pizza bagel – If you love pizza, but are watching your weight, don’t worry. There is always a healthier option. Pizza sauce in India is easily available in bottles. Apply this on a gluten free bagel, put some cheese and vegetables or meats of your choice and bake it in the oven for a few minutes, till the cheese is golden. This is a healthy and delicious option.
Fish Tacos – Choose whole-wheat taco shells for this recipe. Cut up some crunchy lettuce, tomatoes, onion and some salsa sauce. Use white fish like cod or catfish and cook it in a non-stick pan. Put this together and this makes another healthy and easy dish.
There are many other options for healthy food – salads and soups that you can spice up with low fat dressings. Start your healthy lifestyle today.
As a mother, nothing is quite as disheartnening as opening an unfinished lunchbox after the little one comes back from school. We try and we try harder, but they still don’t seem to take the slightest bit of interest in their lunch! Let’s combat this universal problem with some lovely and handy lunch ideas:
- Mini burgers: For a child, anything that they can gobble up in seconds before running out to play is something that they are ready to work with. Pack your child a nutritious yet delicious meal that he/she can easily consume. While burgers can be a handful, with things slipping out of their little hands, a cocktail burger is just the right size! A chicken patty, mini buns and some chicken/paneer is all you need! Smear some creamy sauces for that finishing touch like mayonnaise! India has some low fat healthy mayonnaise variants due to stellar brands like Veeba Sauces.
- Pasta frittata: Little ones can’t get enough of pasta, and a way to use the leftover pasta is to batter it up with eggs and cook it up in a non- stick pan! You will get a protein rich treat that your child will clean off the box! Just make sure you use a nice tangy pasta or pizza sauce In India, you get delicious cheese cubes that you can grate over your frittata for that extra touch
- Sausage Frankie: Ketchup, cocktail sausage, cheese slice and a chapatti is all you need for this super yummy and healthy lunch! This quick- fix dish is sure to win you some points with the little ones.
Now that you know some seriously awesome luncheon recipes, you can expect that tiffin box to be licked clean every day!